|Popular Cars For Sale||Ford F-150||Chevrolet Silverado||Honda CR-V||Nissan Rogue||Toyota Camry||Toyota RAV4|
What is the most powerful vehicle to come out of General Motors, and probably the fastest, will carry a price tag starting at $78,995 (excluding tax, title, license, optional equipment and dealer fees) – for the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. This news comes to us as a slight surprise as we surely thought that new Z06 will be a six-figure vehicle just like the outgoing ZR1 that it effectively replaced. Even though that is still a lot of bread, this is good news for enthusiasts who want the ultimate performance from GM.
As you already know, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 will feature its 650-horsepower and 650-ft-lbs. of torque 6.2-liter V8 engine wrapped up in a stunning package all with many carbon fiber bits and an onslaught of performance options wearing the Z07 badge. The all-new Z06 will also have the option of an 8-speed automatic transmission, something we will probably pass on in place of the standard 7-speed manual when we pick ours up.
2015 Corvette Z06 Priced at $78,995
American supercar delivers unprecedented performance, technology
DETROIT – The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – the most powerful and technologically advanced model in the iconic car’s 62-year history – will be offered at a suggested retail price of $78,995 while the convertible model will start at $83,995, Chevrolet announced today.
“The 2015 Corvette Z06’s performance and technical capabilities place it in the elite fraternity of supercars,” said Harlan Charles, Corvette product and marketing manager. “Very few cars in the world deliver 650 horsepower, true aerodynamic downforce, carbon fiber and performance technologies such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management and an electronic limited slip differential – and none gives the driver a transmission choice or the choice of a coupe with a removable roof panel or a full-power-top convertible.”
Leveraging learnings from the Corvette Racing program, the $2,995 Carbon Fiber Ground Effects enables the Corvette Z06 to produce true aerodynamic downforce for increased stability at high speeds. The package adds a functional carbon fiber front splitter, carbon fiber rocker panels, and a larger rear spoiler.
For the ultimate performance, the Z07 Performance Package is available for $7,995, adding Brembo carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors that improve braking performance and contribute to better handling through reduced unsprung weight. The Z07 package adds adjustable front and rear aerodynamic components to the Carbon Fiber Ground Effects package for unprecedented aerodynamic downforce and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup tires for enhanced grip.
“The Z07 performance package enhances overall performance to make the Corvette Z06 one of the most track-capable cars you can buy off the dealership floor and still drive it to work every day,” said Charles.
Z06 models are offered in 1LZ, 2LZ and 3LZ trims. A range of available features enables customers to tailor the look and feel of their Z06, including:
– Premium Package with leather-wrapped interior
– Aero-enhancing carbon fiber ground effects package
– Performance Data Recorder and navigation
– Competition sport seats offered in leather or sueded microfiber
– Carbon fiber interior trim and carbon fiber convertible tonneau cover inserts
– Visible carbon fiber roof panel (Coupe)
– Tintcoat exterior colors, several available wheel finishes and several available brake caliper colors.
Most powerful, technologically advanced Corvette ever
The Z06 rejoins the Corvette lineup for 2015 with a stronger aluminum frame than previous models, an aero package designed to produce performance-enhancing downforce and an all-new, supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine rated at an SAE-certified at 650 horsepower (485 kW) and 650 lb-ft of torque (881 Nm). That makes it the most powerful production car ever from General Motors and one of the most powerful production cars available in the United States.
To balance performance and efficiency, the LT4 leverages the same trio of advanced technologies introduced on the Corvette Stingray – direct injection, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable valve timing – and leverages them with a new, more efficient supercharger. Combined with the fuel-efficient multi-speed transmissions, aerodynamic design and lightweight construction, they help make the new Z06 surprisingly efficient.
The Corvette Z06 also leverages other technologies introduced on the Corvette Stingray, including the strategic use of lightweight materials and advanced driver technologies, with calibrations tailored for its capabilities. The aluminum frame structure, for example, is 20 percent stiffer than the previous, fixed-roof Z06.
Additional technologies support the car’s tremendous performance capabilities and enhance the driving experience, including:
– Third-generation Magnetic Selective Ride Control dampers are standard and can be adjusted for touring comfort or maximum track performance via the standard Driver Mode Selector
– Performance Traction Management is available in the Track mode of the Drive Mode Selector and offers five settings of torque reduction and brake intervention for track driving
– Launch control is available in Track mode for manual and automatic transmissions, providing maximum off-the-line acceleration
– An electronic limited-slip differential, also standard equipment on Z06, adjusts the rate at which the limited slip engages, to balance between steering response and stability in different driving conditions with more aggressive performance in Sport and Track modes.
The Z06 offers three increasing levels of aerodynamic downforce:
– The standard Z06 features a front splitter, spats around the front wheel openings, a unique carbon-fiber hood with a larger vent, and an aggressive rear spoiler.
– The available carbon-fiber aero package – in either carbon flash paint or a visible carbon-fiber finish – adds a carbon-fiber front splitter with aviation-style winglets, carbon fiber rocker panels, and a larger rear spoiler with a fixed wickerbill, which combine to create true aerodynamic downforce
– The available Z07 package adds larger winglets to the front splitter, along with an adjustable, see-through center section on the rear spoiler for track use. With this package, the Corvette Z06 delivers the most aerodynamic downforce of any production car GM has tested.
Drivers can monitor the Z06’s performance without taking their eyes off the road via a color head-up display (standard on 2LZ and 3LZ trims) that, among the range of performance readouts, displays a g-meter in Track mode.
The Z06 also offers the award-winning, industry-first Performance Data Recorder – or PDR – which enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track. The racing-derived system is included with the available navigation system.
Editors: Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination charges but excludes tax, title, license, optional equipment and dealer fees.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
|Popular New Cars|
|New Acura MDX||New Chevrolet Corvette||New Kia Telluride||New Toyota Highlander|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500||New GMC Sierra 2500||New Jeep Wranger||New RAM 1500|
|New Chevrolet Equinox||New Honda Accord||New Kia K5||New Subaru Forester|
|New Chevrolet Traverse||New Honda Civic||New Kia Sorento||New Subaru Outback|
|New Ford F150||New Honda CR-V||New Kia Sportage||New Toyota Camry|
|New Ford F250||New Honda Pilot||New Mazda CX-5||New Toyota Corolla|
|New Ford Escape||New Hyundai Tucson||New Nissan Rogue||New Toyota RAV4|
|New GMC Sierra 1500||Jeep Grand Cherokee||New Nissan Sentra||New Toyota Tacoma|