|Popular Cars For Sale||Ford F-150||Chevrolet Silverado||Honda CR-V||Nissan Rogue||Toyota Camry||Toyota RAV4|
There is a new cat on the prowl, dubbed the Jaguar C-X16 Concept Car, ready to pounce on the competition in the looks and technology department.
The new Jaguar C-X16 Concept car features the future of vehicle technology that will incorporate advanced hybrid powertrains. The C-X16 Concept car is powered by a prototype 3.0-liter supercharged engine with 375 horsepower and 332 ft-lbs. of torque mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The new 3.0-liter is said to be a completely new creation aside from the supercharged V6 powermill that is found in European versions of the 2012 Jaguar XJ.
Alongside of the C-X16’s V6 engine is an electric motor good for 94 horsepower and 173 ft-lbs. of torque. To put the icing on the cake, this kitty will roar at the push of a KERS (Formula 1 inspired Kinetic Energy Recovery System) “push to pass” button on the steering wheel. Think of it as a temporary turbo-boost that releases an extra punch from the electric motor.
To top off this kitty’s performance stats, the two-seater concept car is good for a governed top speed of 186 mph and 0-62 mph time of 4.4 seconds.
The new Jaguar C-X16 is expected to be on hand at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show next week. Until then, we will keep on drooling over these hot images of one of the best-looking cats around.
Jaguar C-X16 At-a-Glance
- A concept ‘One plus One’ sports car that explores future performance hybrid options
- Seductive looks indicate the next evolution of Jaguar’s bold design direction
- Sensual shape is defined by three distinctive ‘heart lines’; front fender crease, rear haunches and sweeping roofline
- Driver-focused two-seater cabin trimmed in dramatic red leather
- Powered by an innovative supercharged 3.0-liter V6 producing 375HP (280kW) and 332 lb-ft of torque
- Specific power per liter is an impressive 125HP (93.3 kW)
- Experimental high-performance hybrid system boosts output by 94HP (70kW) and 173 lb-ft (235 Nm)
- Top speed of 186 mph, 0-62 mph in 4.4 seconds and roll-on 50-75 mph acceleration in 2.1 seconds
- Steering wheel-mounted ‘Push to Pass’ button controls the hybrid boost function
- Performance hybrid is inspired by the Limo-Green research project and C-X75 super car concept
- Aluminum construction maximizes torsional rigidity for sharper responses
- Eight-speed ZF® automatic transmission
- Intelligent Start/Stop for improved fuel economy
- Switchgear incorporates OLED displays into dual-function rotary controls
- New generation Jaguar touch screen with short-cut keys
- Advanced Climate Control employs an Intelligent Venting System
- Composite seats stiffened with a carbon-fiber central spine
|Popular New Cars|
|New Acura MDX||New Chevrolet Corvette||New Kia Telluride||New Toyota Highlander|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500||New GMC Sierra 2500||New Jeep Wranger||New RAM 1500|
|New Chevrolet Equinox||New Honda Accord||New Kia K5||New Subaru Forester|
|New Chevrolet Traverse||New Honda Civic||New Kia Sorento||New Subaru Outback|
|New Ford F150||New Honda CR-V||New Kia Sportage||New Toyota Camry|
|New Ford F250||New Honda Pilot||New Mazda CX-5||New Toyota Corolla|
|New Ford Escape||New Hyundai Tucson||New Nissan Rogue||New Toyota RAV4|
|New GMC Sierra 1500||Jeep Grand Cherokee||New Nissan Sentra||New Toyota Tacoma|