Things at Ford seem to be a bit slow in releasing the fine details of the all-new 2015 Mustang. Today, we get just a bit more information as the base price of the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang is set at $24,425, including destination and delivery charges for the entry-level 3.7-liter V6 model.
As you may already know, there will be three Mustang variations offered initially starting with the $24,425 base model 3.7-liter V6 with over 300 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, then the Turbocharged 2.3-liter 4-cylinder EcoBoost with over 305 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque. To top off the line will be the Mustang GT with its 5.0-liter V8 engine with over 420 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. Of course the horsepower figures have yet to be finalized as well as pricing for the EcoBoost and GT trims.
If you are taking note, you will know that the 2015 model is about $1,090 more than the outgoing 2014 Mustang V6. Of course the increase is well-justified with its new independent rear suspension, standard HID headlights, review camera, keyless entry and SYNC connectivity within its 4.2-inch color display.
The 2015 Ford Mustang is set to be at your local dealerships sometime this fall. Ford has begun accepting dealer orders for the 2015 fastback now.
FOLLOW US TODAY:
THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER! DEALER ORDER BANKS NOW OPEN FOR ALL-NEW 2015 FORD MUSTANG
MAY 20, 2014 (DEARBORN, MICH.) Ford dealers can now begin placing orders for 2015 Mustang fastback
2015 Mustang fastback includes many new standard features such as fully independent suspension, push-button start, next-generation SYNC® AppLink™ and a choice of three powerful engines
All-new Mustang EcoBoost® and Mustang GT available with 50 Years Appearance Package
For Ford Mustang fans everywhere, today they are one big step closer to experiencing the next generation as Ford has begun accepting dealer orders for the 2015 fastback.
Ever since the world got its first look at the all-new 2015 Mustang nearly six months ago, the anticipation has been palpable. Ford engineers have been racking up millions of testing miles, refining each system to make sure everything is just right before the first Mustangs reach customers later this year.
The All-New Ford Mustang GT
“From the six cities around the globe where we revealed the all-new Mustang, to auto shows to the recent 50-year celebration events, we’ve received an amazing response from people when they finally see the new model,” said Steve Ling, Ford car marketing manager. “This car is all-new with enhanced sophistication and craftsmanship, but it still exudes the essence of Mustang that’s been honed throughout its history.”
Customers can choose from three available powerplants for the 2015 Mustang, each of which can be paired with an upgraded six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters:
* All-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost®, producing more than 305 horsepower and 300 lb.-ft. of torque and with projected class-leading fuel efficiency
* Upgraded 5.0-liter V8, generating more than 420 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque
* Upgraded 3.7-liter V6, producing more than 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
In addition to a sleek new design and dramatically improved cabin, each 2015 Mustang adds an array of new standard features:
* Fully independent front and rear suspension for improved driving dynamics and ride quality
* Eight airbags including front, knee and side-impact protection for driver and front passenger
* Individual tire pressure monitor readouts for each wheel
* Rear view camera system
* High-intensity discharge headlamps with signature lighting
* Illuminated, locking glove box
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel with manual tilt and telescope adjustment
* Intelligent access, enabling the driver to enter without touching the key fob
* Push-button start
* SYNC® connectivity system with next-generation AppLink™ to control smartphone apps with simple voice commands; 4.2-inch color display and two USB ports
The ample standard equipment list can be further augmented with the availability of advanced technology features such as:
* Eight-inch, high-resolution touch-screen display and navigation
* Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert upgraded with Doppler-effect radar sensors to provide both improved sensitivity at longer distances and better resistance to false alerts
* Adaptive cruise control and collision warning for the first time
* Track Apps provide a variety of on-track performance measurements for drivers
* Selectable drive modes feature lets the driver quickly adjust steering, throttle response, shift control and stability control settings by toggling between normal, snow-wet, sport and track modes
* Mustang GT easy to use electronic line lock and a launch control system that manages engine speed and brakes, giving drivers maximum and consistent acceleration at the track
Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition
A 50 Years appearance package is available for Mustang EcoBoost Premium and Mustang GT Premium models. The appearance package includes a chrome-accented grille, round 50 Years rear badge, 19×8.5-inch alloy wheels with 255/40R19 all-season tires, anniversary floor mats and unique seat and door-trim stitching.
The 2015 Ford Mustang fastback with 3.7-liter V6 starts at just $24,425 including destination and delivery charges in the United States. Mustang will be available from Ford dealers in North America this fall.