|Popular Cars For Sale||Ford F-150||Chevrolet Silverado||Honda CR-V||Nissan Rogue||Toyota Camry||Toyota RAV4|
Being that I am a fan of the Nissan GT-R, all despite the naysayers, it is a welcoming impression that I get each and every time Nissan updates their prided exotic sports car. It is great to see the natural progression of the GT-R year after year shattering the track and 0-60 mph times of vehicles that cost two-times as much as the nearly-4,000 pound monster from Japan.
The latest cutting-edge of the sward swings in the direction of Nissan’s performance brand, Nismo. The new 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO edition takes the vehicle to heights it has never seen within the walls of the Yokohama factory floor with an astounding 595 horsepower and 480 ft-lbs. of torque, which is up 50 hp and 17 ft-lbs. from the normal GT-R respectfully.
What is slated to be in the flesh at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, is the all-new 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO touting a speculated 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds and the ability to thrash the Nurburgring nearly 7 minutes flat. Obviously this is much ‘MORE’ than the standard GT-R Track Edition, it is Godzilla gone basaltic within the confides of its birth place.
The new 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO has left no stones unturned with tuning improvements made primarily in the intake and exhaust systems and larger twin turbos derived from the GT-R GT3 race car. A new higher-capacity oil pump is added to the equation to keep all bits properly lubed under the extra load. Other touches that make the GT-R NISMO a beast of its own are larger anti-roll bars, stiffer springs and dampers electronically controlled with 3 levels: Track, Race and Race Plus. Yeah, they skipped right over any comfort or normal modes, which plays along with the GT-R NISMO’s theme of a ruff-around-the-edges vehicle allowing more room to soften-up the normal GT-R. Sure, that all makes sense, because Race Car!
UPDATE: Nissan GT-R NISMO runs Nurburgring in 7:08.679
Live images via Motor Trend
No announcements on pricing for the GT-R NISMO but sales will commence next year in Japan and the US should see it hit our shores in about a year from publishing this HOT NEWS. Look for more information to come out of Nissan in the coming few days as the Tokyo Motor Show commences.
Nissan GT-R Nismo overview
New, ultimate iteration of Nissan’s GT-R supercar. Inspired by the Nismo-prepared GT-R that has competed successfully at the famous Nurburgring 24h race, the Nismo GT-R delivers even greater performance thanks to uprated engine outputs and advanced aerodynamics that generate over 100kg of additional downforce at 300km/h (186mph).
– Power is up to 600hp (441kw) thanks to high flow, larger diameter turbos which are used for GT3 racing, improved breathing and optimized individual ignition timing control for each cylinder.
– Maximum power is now achieved at 6800rpm, up from 6400.
– Torque is now over 650Nm. (more than 480 lb-ft torque)
– The suspension is based on the setup prepared by Nismo for Nissan’s entry into the 2012 Nurburgring 24-hour race. With some adaptations to improve refinement, reduce road noise and harshness, the setup is designed for stunning agility, road-holding and handing finesse.
– To minimize body-roll during cornering and changes of direction, the Nissan GT-R Nismo features a 17.3 mm hollow rear anti-roll bar which raises roll stiffness while reducing weight.
– The springs and custom-developed Bilstein DampTronic dampers in the front and rear suspension are specially tuned to deliver exceptional grip levels and progressive handling response at the limit.
– Specially-developed links fitted to the front double wishbone suspension increase castor trail to optimize wheel position during high-G cornering and improve straight-line stability. Additionally, large high-rigidity bolts are used to increase stiffness of the wheel-hub attachment area.
– The construction of the GT-R Nismo’s bodyshell now uses adhesive bonding in addition to spot welding for increased rigidity and precise suspension response under extreme load, another example of Nismo “factory tuned” enhancement.
– Notable new body elements are the rear trunk-mounted spoiler, the front carbon bumper and its lower front undercover.
– Together, the front bumper, engine undercover strake and carbon rear spoiler increase downforce, generating an additional 100kg (at 300km/h) compared to the standard GT-R model. A widened front bumper configuration and elongated yet tapered rear bumper design reduce drag to Cd 0.27.
– The GT-R Nismo’s black 6-spoke wheels are inspired by Nissan’s legendary GT500 race car.
– A unique to the GT-R Nismo model, a Dark Matte Grey has been developed, accentuating the car’s imposing exterior muscularity.
– Ergonomically sculpted carbon-fiber-backed reclining RECARO seats (EU/JPN) comfortably, yet firmly, support the driver and front-seat passenger.
– The Nissan GT-R Nismo has a special steering wheel design which is dressed in Alcantara®, with three spokes, red center mark and red stitching to give the best combination of grip, feedback and comfort.
– Interior trim features include discreet red stitching on the seats, center console, door trim and steering wheel.
– The GT-R Nismo driver can assess his or her on-track performance by downloading and reviewing digital data from the connected services advanced performance telemetry system.
The Nissan GT-R Nismo will be available in Japan, U.S. and Europe in 2014.
Naturally, the Nissan GT-R Nismo has lapped the fearsome Nordschliefe race circuit in Germany. It continues to challenge the lap-times set by small-volume, hand-built hypercars…
Carlos Ghosn, Nissan’s CEO, will announce the GT-R Nismo’s laptime when the car is unveiled at Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan at 19:00 on Tuesday 19th November at the celebration of the brand’s 80th anniversary in advance of the opening of this year’s Tokyo International Motor Show on Wednesday 20th November.
|Popular New Cars|
|New Acura MDX||New Chevrolet Corvette||New Kia Telluride||New Toyota Highlander|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500||New GMC Sierra 2500||New Jeep Wranger||New RAM 1500|
|New Chevrolet Equinox||New Honda Accord||New Kia K5||New Subaru Forester|
|New Chevrolet Traverse||New Honda Civic||New Kia Sorento||New Subaru Outback|
|New Ford F150||New Honda CR-V||New Kia Sportage||New Toyota Camry|
|New Ford F250||New Honda Pilot||New Mazda CX-5||New Toyota Corolla|
|New Ford Escape||New Hyundai Tucson||New Nissan Rogue||New Toyota RAV4|
|New GMC Sierra 1500||Jeep Grand Cherokee||New Nissan Sentra||New Toyota Tacoma|