|Popular Cars For Sale||Ford F-150||Chevrolet Silverado||Honda CR-V||Nissan Rogue||Toyota Camry||Toyota RAV4|
Only a mother could love the looks of the new Honda Crosstour. Yes Honda, I said it. From the many Facebook responses on Honda’s Accord Crosstour Facebook page you would think it is a debate over the already-confusing healthcare plan from President Obama, but we won’t open that can of worms.
There are so many negative comments and “ugly” posts on the Accord Crosstour Facebook page that Honda had to come back with some type of “explanation”. Although a poor attempt by Honda to “clear” things up, they made a valid attempt to explain to the fans that the new Crosstour was something designed for those in the market for a crossover and it was built off of the US spec Accord and not the TSX aka Euro spec Accord Wagon. Sure Honda, yea, that makes me feel all so better about the design now. Yea, the Crosstour is the best looking crossover I have seen to date. NOT.
Below is the “Message to Fans” posted just recently on the Accord Crosstour Facebook page.
Hi, Facebook fans. We’re listening, and we want to address a few things you’ve been talking about over the past few days.
- The photos: Arguably, the two studio photos we posted didn’t give you enough detail, nor were they the best to showcase the vehicle. There are more photos on the way. Maybe it’s like a bad yearbook photo or something, and we think the new photos will clear things up.
- It’s not the European wagon: We’ve seen a lot of comments about the desire for a wagon, but this is neither a wagon nor designed for wagon buyers. We think the Euro wagon is a cool vehicle, too, and we appreciate the feedback… but a version of that wasn’t our intention here. That’s another segment worthy of our consideration, but the Accord Crosstour, built on the larger, Accord platform, is meant to give you the best of two worlds – the versatility of an SUV with the sportiness of a car.
- Many of you don’t like the styling: It may not be for everyone. Our research suggests that the styling does test well among people shopping for a crossover.
- You want further details about the Accord Crosstour: We typically can’t give you details so far out from when the vehicle goes on sale for a number of reasons, including competitive intelligence and pure availability. However… we hear your frustrations, and while specs on the vehicle aren’t finalized, we’re trying to get some stuff together that we hope will satiate some of your curiosity and give you more to think about.
- Honda associates participating in the wall comments: We didn’t remove comments out of embarrassment. We removed comments that were posted contrary to American Honda’s consumer-generated media policy for associates: We must first clearly state that we are Honda employees and that a posting is a personal — not Honda’s — opinion. Eddie forgot to add that, so his comments were removed.
Thank you for all of the interest, and we’ll be in touch again soon…
|Popular New Cars|
|New Acura MDX||New Chevrolet Corvette||New Kia Telluride||New Toyota Highlander|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500||New GMC Sierra 2500||New Jeep Wranger||New RAM 1500|
|New Chevrolet Equinox||New Honda Accord||New Kia K5||New Subaru Forester|
|New Chevrolet Traverse||New Honda Civic||New Kia Sorento||New Subaru Outback|
|New Ford F150||New Honda CR-V||New Kia Sportage||New Toyota Camry|
|New Ford F250||New Honda Pilot||New Mazda CX-5||New Toyota Corolla|
|New Ford Escape||New Hyundai Tucson||New Nissan Rogue||New Toyota RAV4|
|New GMC Sierra 1500||Jeep Grand Cherokee||New Nissan Sentra||New Toyota Tacoma|